• Garbage and recycling must be placed at your curbside by 7:00am on collection day.
• Garbage bags must be see through.
• The Mattawa Landfill site (located at 1161 Richards Road) is open every Saturday from 9:00am to 12:00 noon. Please click here for the fee schedule.
Three separate containers are required for recycling.Bin #1: Metals and Plastics• Metal Cans
• Soft drink cans
• Aluminum containers
• Aluminum foil
• Plastic bottles, jars and jugs
tubs and tub lids (yogurt, sour cream, hand cleaner, margarine containers)
Plastics with recycling logo #1-7 as per below are the only plastics acceptable for recycling.
• Newspaper and flyers
• Magazines and catalogues
• Telephone books
• Fine paper such as writing paper, computer paper, paper pads, advertising mail
• Paper gift wrap (no wax type), greeting cards
• Clean paper shopping bags or paper packaging
(a container is not necessary for cardboard, it can be bound together)
• Corrugated cardboard
• Cereal and cracker boxes (liners removed)
• Shoe and laundery detergent boxes
• Paper egg cartons, toilet paper and paper towl rolls
• Frozen dinner boxes