THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWNSHIP OF PAPINEAU-CAMERON
BY-LAW NO 2011-03
BEING A BY-LAW TO IMPOSE AND CONSOLIDATE THE FEES OR CHARGES FOR MUNICIPAL SERVICES AND REQUIRING PAYMENT FOR INFORMATION, ACTIVITIES AND USE OF TOWNSHIP PROPERTY
WHEREAS Sections 391 (1) of the Municipal Act S.O. 2001, C. 25, as amended, authorizes the Council of a local municipality to pass by-laws or charges for services or activities provides or done by or on behalf of it, for costs payable by it for services or activities provided or done by or on behalf of any other municipality or local board and for the use of its property under its control.
AND WHEREAS Section 69 of the Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, Chapter P. 13, provides that the Council of a municipality may prescribe a tariff of fees for the processing of applications made in respect of planning matters;
AND WHEREAS Section 7 of the Building Code Act, S.O. 1992, Chapter
23, as amended, authorize a municipal Council of a municipality to pass a by-law requiring the payment of fees on applications for and issuance of permits and prescribing the amount thereof;
AND WHEREAS pursuant to Section 270 (1) of the Municipal Act S.O. 2001, c. 25, as amended, the Council of the Corporation of the Township of Papineau-Cameron provided notice in accordance with the Provision of Notice Policy – By-law 2005-28.
Notice was given in the Mattawa Recorder on February 1, 2009.
AND WHEREAS the Council of the Corporation of the Township of Papineau-Cameron desires to establish user fees and charges to recover some of the costs for services provided by the Corporation;
NOW THEREFORE THE COUNCIL OF THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWNSHIP OF PAPINEAU-CAMERON HEREBY ENACTS AS FOLLOWS:
1. That the user fees and charges as specified in Schedules “A” , “B”, “C”, “D” and “E” as attached to this by-law, be charges by the Corporation of the Township of Papineau-Cameron for those services and activities provided by the Corporation, for costs payable by it for services or activities prided or done by or on behalf of any other municipality or local board and for the use of property owned or under the control of the Corporation
2. All fees and charges set out in this By-law shall be payable prior to the provision of the service unless an agreement in writing is made to the contrary and approved by a municipal official
3. In the event any fee or charge imposed herein remains unpaid after provision of the service or is otherwise in arrears, such fees or charges may be added to the Tax Roll for any real property in the municipality, the owner of which is responsible for paying the fee or charge and shall be collected in like manner as municipal taxes.
4. Council does hereby delegate to each Department Manager of the Corporation of the Township of Papineau-Cameron, the authority to administer such fees and charges and approve such forms and procedures as may be required for the efficient administration of the fees and charges.
5. The fees set out in this By-law shall be reviewed on an annual basis by each department manager prior to adoption of the current budget and if there is a discrepancy in fee prices, the fees set out herein supersede any fees listed in other By-laws.
6. That this By-law supersedes any prior by-laws.
7. That the following Schedules attached hereto shall form part of this By-law:
Schedule “A” Administration
Schedule “B” Planning
Schedule “C” Public Works
Schedule “D” Fire Department
Schedule “E” Building Inspection Services
If any provision or part of a provision of this by-law is declared by any court or tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be illegal or inoperative, in whole or in part , or inoperative in particular circumstances, the balance of the by-law, or its application in other circumstance shall not be affected and shall continue to be in full force and effect.
CONFLICT WITH ANY OTHER BY-LAW
In the event of any conflict between any provisions of this by-law and any other by-law heretofore passed, the provisions of this by-law shall prevail.
This by-law shall come into force and effect immediately upon the final passing thereof.
Read a first, second and third time, this 8th day of February, 2011